Kohl’s Cash is a coupon and not government-backed money. Or, to put it another way, it isn’t “legal tender,” as Kohl puts it. While Kohl’s has other coupons available, Kohl’s Cash is a rewards program.
How Do You Get Your Hands on Kohl’s Cash?
During periodic Kohl’s Cash promotions, when you make eligible purchases on items sold by Kohl’s such as clothes, footwear, bedding, furniture, decor, jewelry, toys, appliances, beauty products, electronics, or housewares, Kohl’s will give you a coupon called “Kohl’s Cash” to use on a future shopping trip for every $50 you spend. Understandably, when determining the total cost of the purchase, they deduct discounts, coupons, and taxes first.
- Kohl’s Cash can be obtained by shopping in-store, at Kohl’s in-store kiosks, online, or via the Kohl’s app.
- It cannot be used against the purchase you are currently making to qualify for Kohl’s Cash.
- When Kohl’s Cash promotions are run, the dates are based on Central Time.
- In a single purchase, you can earn a maximum of $1,500 in Kohl’s Cash.
- It is a rewards program, so the more you spend, the more Kohl’s Cash you get.
What Can You Spend With Kohl’s Cash?
Kohl’s Cash can be exchanged for any item in the store. This program is unique in that there are no brand exclusions. Even better, if you have a $10 Kohl’s Cash coupon in your pocket and find an item for under $10, depending on the tax rate in your state, you might buy it with no out-of-pocket “legal tender.” In other words, there is no minimum amount required to use your Kohl’s Cash.
Although Kohl’s restricts promotional discounts and sales on certain categories and brands, they do not restrict the use of Kohl’s Cash on these items. Some helpful tips recommend using Kohl’s Cash specifically for these products that are rarely on sale.
What Can You Not Spend With Kohl’s Cash?
Kohl’s Cash is only valid for purchases of Kohl’s products, and they generously allow you to stack other coupons, promo codes, and offers with your Kohl’s Cash. However, there are some items on which you cannot spend your Kohl’s Cash, such as:
- Purchases of cause merchandise or other charitable products from Kohl’s Cares®.
- Gift cards.
- They cannot be used to make price adjustments on previously purchased products.
- They cannot be used to reduce the balance of a Kohl’s charge or any other third-party charge account.
- They are not valid for payment of any services or fees, including taxes and shipping.
When and How Will You Get Your Kohl’s Cash?
The manner in which you collect Kohl’s Cash is determined by the mode of purchase.
For purchases made on Kohls.com, at a kiosk, or with the Kohl’s App, you’ll get your Kohl’s Cash via email within 24 hours. Make sure to save this email, since you won’t be sent another email containing your Kohl’s Cash — and your Kohl’s Cash coupon isn’t accessible from those reminder emails that come later.
When you get your Kohl’s Cash email, follow the instructions to print it out or add it to your Wallet in the Kohl’s App. If you want to redeem it in a store, it can be scanned from your mobile device by an associate at checkout. With the Kohl’s App, you can also set reminders to use your Kohl’s Cash before it expires.
Shop at certain promotional periods at Kohl’s and the cashier will give you Kohl’s Cash depending on the total amount of purchase.
Combine Kohl’s Cash with other discounts and offers to save even more! To get the best discounts on your purchases, combine your Kohl’s Cash with Kohl’s coupons, sales promotions, and Kohl’s Rewards. Whether you’re shopping for yourself, your family, or as a gift, Kohl’s Cash will help you get more for your money.